The National Weather Service is predicting significant rainfall, high winds, and a dramatic drop in temperature for our area over the next few days.
Rainfall is expected to begin tomorrow afternoon and continue through Friday. Wind gusts up to 45 miles per hour are also expected Thursday night through Friday and the local temperature is predicted to drop from highs near 50 to the low teens.
These conditions could result in downed trees and/or limbs, power outages, and black ice on roadways. Residents are encouraged to take the following precautions:
- Check and prepare your emergency supplies.
- Secure any outdoor furniture, trash cans or other items that may become air borne during high winds.
- Remove all vehicles from roadways to facilitate the passage of emergency vehicles.
- In preparation for potential power outages, stock up on bottled water and/or fill your bathtub with fresh water.
- Should you experience a loss of power, contact JCP&L directly at 1-888-544-4877.
- Avoid roadway travel, particularly Friday evening when ice is likely to accumulate as a result of wet pavement and dropping temperatures.
- And as always, if you need emergency assistance, dial 911.
Should the Township experience power outages, comfort stations may be available for residents.
Please visit this website periodically for updates and additional weather-related information.
Thank you and stay safe.