WHAT IS REQUIRED TO MEET THE AMENDED ORDINANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR HUNTING?
- Must be private property.
- Hunters must possess required licenses and zone permits issued by NJ State Fish & Wildlife Division for hunting white-tailed deer.
- Hunters must carry written permission from all pertinent landowners while hunting. NO exceptions.
Based on a recent Wildlife Committee report made to the Township Committee, there is an increased risk to public safety due to motor vehicle incidents with deer and an increased risk for the incidence of lime disease.
REMINDER: PLEASE REPORT ALL MOTOR VEHICLE INCIDENTS WITH DEER:
- If you are still at the scene of the incident, call Police non-emergency dispatch 732-462-4343 and an Officer will be on the scene shortly.
- If you have left the scene of the incident, report your event by completing the SR-1 (on-line completion and print versions follow) and mail it to the State.
- On-Line Fillable SR-1 Form